|In no specific order, this is a list of things I would like to
one day see in the FAQ, if you something to contribute, please please
- Info on using different compilers to write OS's.
- How to get compilers going without using built in libraries etc.
- What compilers support what output fileformats, ease of use in making OS images.
- GCC, Visual C, Watcom C, CodeWarrior, TMT Pascal, etc.
- Makefiles / Projects
- Always handy in knowing how to use em
- Make the Exec file format info more verbose and updated
- Make the Filesystem info more verbose and fill in the gaps.
- Interfacing perhiperals with the os (keyboard, floppy, pci, etc)
- Writting a bootloader / bootstrap / bootmenu
- Portability pros n cons
- Only 2 modes (user/supervise) vs 4 modes on x86
- Cross Platform
- Video Basics
- Third Party libraries (utah os kit, etc)
- Kernel types
- Micro kernel
- Monolithic / Macro kernel
- Exo kernel (?)
- Hardened kernel (?)
- Task switching
- OS calls
- Call gates and software ints
- Multi Userness
- Multi Tasking
- Single threading
- Multi threading
- Pervasive threading (?)